We’re removing the faff from changing and managing cars, and we also want to make our legal documents a cinch for anyone to understand. If you have any doubts or suggestions regarding any of them, please contact us and we’ll do our best to help.
These are the terms that apply when you browse cinch (cinch.co.uk or any other cinch webpages or applications) (“Site“). We may amend these terms from time to time and will try to inform you if you have an account with us. However, you should check back for the latest version.
If you buy a car online from cinch, our Car Purchase Terms and Conditions will apply to your purchase of the car.
These terms do not apply to advertising or providing services through cinch. If you are a car dealer or other advertiser please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
1. The Site is operated by Cinch Cars Limited a company registered in England and Wales (company number 11520330). Our registered office is at Headway House, Crosby Way, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7XG. Our registered VAT number is 360909784.
If you would like to get in touch, you can find our contact details here.
2. The Site provides you with two options:
The terms below (paragraph 5 onwards) apply when you browse the Site, including the Retail Platform and the Advertising Platform.
3. Car dealers come to us with ads for their cars. We’ve made cinch available to help you search for and find the right car for you in the easiest and most faff-free way possible. But if you decide to see, test drive or buy one, you’ll be making a contract directly with the car dealer in the normal way. Also we don’t provide any other services on the Advertising Platform – so if you need to arrange finance, insurance, servicing, modifications, number plates or anything else then, even if we advertise or provide links or information about these services, you’ll be dealing and making a contract with the relevant service provider and not with us. We aren’t a party to any contracts that you make or your other interactions with anyone you contact through the Advertising Platform and we can’t be responsible for any issues that arise with them.
4. The ads on the Advertising Platform are not binding offers to sell or provide services. They may contain errors or out of date information. They are subject to availability as items may also be listed on other sites or otherwise sold. Car dealers may apply further terms and conditions. cinch does not endorse any product or service advertised, reviewed, mentioned, or linked to on the Advertising Platform. Descriptions of cars, including any indication that they have been “vetted”, “inspected”, “tested” or similar, originate from the car dealers and not from cinch, and you should check them directly with the car dealer.
5. cinch is not free to copy or re-use. cinch and all its contents, including trademarks, symbols and slogans, text, data, databases, still or moving images, audio-visual content, graphics or layout, whether or not registered, are owned either by cinch or by its third party licensors. Third party trademarks may be used to identify car dealers advertising on the Advertising Platform or the manufacturers of cars and are owned by those third parties. None of the things mentioned in this section can be copied, adapted, published, or re-used without our permission.
6. cinch does not provide advice. cinch’s aim is to become a point of support in all phases of purchasing, changing or managing your car and so we will often provide information or reviews that we believe may be helpful to you. These materials are for research and general interest only and shouldn’t be relied on to make specific decisions. If you require advice on which car or services may be suitable for you, then you should consult an expert or car dealer who can advise on your individual circumstances.
7. cinch can’t control other sites. We want to be helpful by providing links to other services, sites or applications. But we aren’t responsible for any content, products, services, or advice you might find there, any transaction you may enter into with or through them, or how they use personal data. This includes car dealers who advertise on the Advertising Platform or other service providers who advertise on cinch or that we provide links to: they’re independent businesses and although we’re always happy to receive and pass on feedback of any kind, and we monitor and require car dealers to meet high standards, only they will be able to help if something goes wrong or you have a complaint.
8. cinch content may change or become unavailable. cinch may withdraw, remove, replace, modify or update the cinch service or any part of it at any time. Access may be subject to interruptions or delays for technical, business or legal reasons.
9. cinch is for personal use only. You can browse, save or print material on cinch for your own personal use and to share with friends, family or colleagues. You agree not to use the Retail Platform for any commercial or business purposes. However, you can of course use the Advertising Platform to search for a car for your trade or profession. What you can’t do is copy significant parts of, “scrape”, data-mine, mirror, adapt, re-publish, re-use, or use commercially any content, ads, information, content or offers that we publish or any part of cinch. You can’t create any hypertext links, frames, embedding, or any other links between the Site and your site or any other site without our permission.
10. You must keep your account safe. If you create an account, then you must keep your login and password details secret and not allow anyone else to use them. You will be responsible for any use of your account whether by you or anyone else.
11. You must use cinch responsibly and legally. You must not upload to your account or any part of cinch anything that is in any way illegal, objectionable or contrary to cinch policies, or harmful (such as viruses or malware), or that breaches any third party’s rights or any law.
12. We can cancel your account. We can cancel or suspend your access to cinch at any time for any reason, but in particular if you have not respected any of these terms, or any instructions or policies that we issue from time to time. You can cancel your account at any time by telling us or by logging in and following the process indicated.
13. When you are buying a car on the Retail Platform, please see section 17 of the Car Purchase Terms and Conditions for information in relation to our liability to you in respect of the purchase of that car. For any use of the Site except when buying a car using the Retail Platform, paragraphs 14 and 15 below will apply.
14. We limit our legal liability. To the maximum extent that the law permits, we exclude all liability whether for breach of contract, non-contractual liability or any other cause of action, for any matter arising out of or in connection with your use or inability to use the Site, including your use of the Retail Platform or the Advertising Platform. In particular, we will not be liable for:
We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising due to any event outside our control. However, we do not limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any for anything else than may not be limited or excluded under applicable law.
15. We make no warranties. We will use reasonable care and skill in providing cinch, but cinch is provided without any other representation, endorsement or warranties of any kind. Any terms that would otherwise be implied by law, course of dealing or custom, are also excluded. For clarity, all warranties of non-infringement, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility, accuracy, availability, or being up to date or complete, are excluded.
17. We can amend these terms. Sometimes, due to developments in our business, technology, the law, or other reasons, we’ll make changes to these terms. It’s best to check back when you visit cinch to review any recent changes as we’ll assume that you agree with them.
18. Unenforceable terms. If any provision of these terms is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that does not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the other provisions.
19. No other terms. These terms are the legal agreement for use of cinch and override any other discussions, documents, and anything indicated on the Site, by a customer service agent, or in any other way.
20. We can transfer our agreement with you to another party. We may do this in particular to a buyer of our business, a business that we merge with, or to another company in the BCA Marketplace group of companies.
21. If we fall out. Use of cinch, these terms, and your interactions with us are governed by English law and if there’s no other way to resolve a dispute between us then we'll both use the English courts (though this won’t affect any protections you are entitled to under other laws that apply to you).
Last updated: 5 October 2020